Acupuncture is one of the most discussed and highly used Traditional Chinese treatments. The history says, it is being used since last 3000 years treating various diseases. Acupuncture is based on the theory of Vital Energy management. Our skin has several points those are connected to inner parts of the body. By stimulating those points (also called Meridians), we can control the inner organs. It improves blood flow inside the organs and triggers the flow of vital energy. It is done through insertion of sterilized needles in the body. Earlier acupuncture was used to relieve pains, treat/prevent diseases, managing stress and improving lifestyles. Now, science has improved and acupuncture is being used in various other treatments like blood pressure and infertility. In this article, I have discussed all possible details about acupuncture for fertility. Some Medical terms are used… please comment below if you want to know more about it.
Acupuncture for Fertility: Is it Really Effective?
How does Acupuncture for Fertility Works?
It treats infertility by influencing the flow of vital energy at the prick of the needle to certain meridians in the human body. It is a proven technique and many couples enjoyed positive outcomes from this. While seeking alternatives to treat infertility many medical practitioners suggest to try acupuncture first. They even rate it higher over IVF (in-vitro fertilization) as it gives them higher chance of conception with lesser treatment cost.
Why does Acupuncture for Fertility Works?
The answer is simple… it re-defines meridians to the line of energy that running through the body. Inserting needle through them helps relax uterus and improve blood flow. It creates a thicker endocrine lining which is perfect for a healthy conception. Meridians have a unique effect on the reproductive system. And, the effect starts during the formation of embryo. When the embryo starts to generate groups of cells and connect with others, the fold lines created by the process results to a line of energy connecting throughout the body. It is known as the meridian energy connections. Acupuncture stimulates these meridians and improves the chance of getting pregnant.
Age-specific Acupuncture for Fertility Success Rates.
There are 4 meridians connected to human reproduction…
Extraordinary or Conception Meridians.
These are the Hormonal Meridians, which control hormonal cycles.
These are responsible for estrogen production.
These take care of the production of testosterone and progesterone.
The Girdle Meridian.
It is responsible for encasing. And, it is spread horizontally, like a girdle, so that the penetrating and conception meridian meets together. It helps to avoid uterine leakage and miscarriage.
Mode of Action of Acupuncture for Fertility.
There are 4 theories that explain the mechanism of acupuncture in the human body to aid fertility issues.
- The acupuncture needles that are inserted to the body, which helps the production of endorphin. These are very important to re-balance body energy and maintain the organs at work.
- As the person feels the needle pricks on skin, it creates a so-called micro electric current in the body. It helps release of prostaglandin. It also regulates hormones by sending sensory messages to the brain.
- For men who opt for acupuncture for fertility treatment, often observed improved sperm production as it helps stimulate the pituitary gland.
- It improves the hormone concentration, thus improves its efficacy.
Effects of Acupuncture for Fertility on Women.
- Aside from its effects on the meridians, it improves pelvic blood flow in women. The pelvic blood flow is very important… it is responsible for maintaining regular menstruation cycles and healthy ovaries.
- It improves blood flow inside ovaries and help to form a protective cave. The cave serves as a sanctuary for the egg, which over the time develop as a baby.
- It enhances blood flow inside the uterine arteries, which is an important factor during pregnancy.
- It is very effective in the treatment of nausea and vomiting which is prominent during pregnancy.
- Acupuncture is an excellent stress reliever. It is good for both the partners to have deep relaxation and total mental peace … it improves chance of conception.
- In addition, it is one of the most effective ways to increase vascular response. It pertains to quick healing of wounded vessels.
Why should you try Acupuncture for fertility before going for IVF?
- Acupuncture is Traditional Chinese Method. It is time tested and effective.
- Most noteworthy, it has very High Success rates.
- Also, it costs much lesser than IVF.
- Finally, it is safe (if done from a professional).
Acupuncture vs IVF Success Rates.
Alternatives of Acupuncture for Fertility.
It is another eastern treatment closely related to acupuncture. Since it involves application of pressure to the meridian points in the body, therefore assumed to be effective.
Another highly discussed and widely used therapy. Couple can also opt for a magnetic therapy that involves electromagnetic process to regulate blood flow. Though it has no direct effect on infertility. And, it can be used as additional therapy to acupuncture.
In this process, heat is used to increase blood flow in the pelvic area. Though it is not suitable for people with high blood pressure or higher skin sensitivity.
Light penetration into skin tissues change the electrical charge of a cell. As a result, this influence increases the blood flow. Light therapy is based on this theory and is used for various ways.
Words of Caution.
While seeking for acupuncture for fertility treatment, you should consider ONLY the experts. It is important to know that acupuncture brings in different effects from different points. Working on wrong point may result in negative way. Hence, make sure you do proper research before deciding.