All of us want to look beautiful and wish to do face make up but most of us do not know how. In my earlier post, I shared Top 7 Natural Beauty Tips for Face and today, today; we shall discuss how to do proper makeup in 5 easy steps to look more attractive and gorgeous. Just follow these beauty tips and transform yourself into a Beauty Diva.
We should keep our weapons ready before we start (weapons – he he!). Some of the essential makeup tools we need to keep at hand are as below.
- Ice cubes.
- Foundations: Liquid or dry, whichever you prefer most.
- Eye Make up: Eye shadows & applicator, eye pencil, eyeliner, Mascara.
- Lip Makeup: Lipstick and lip balm, lip liner and lip brush.
- Tissue papers or cotton swabs.
Well, now you are ready with all the tools and prepared to start our beauty session! Here you should consider some factors. For example,
- Which occasion.
- Type of the event.
- What time of day.
- Climate and weather conditions.
All these have an immense effect on your make-up. For example, you should not wear a bold dark shed if you are going for an outdoor event. Again, it is best to wear light makeup for a high-temperature condition. So let us start- follow these easy 5 steps and turn yourself from a girl-next-door to one of the most gorgeous & hot girls.
Perfect Face Make Up: 5 Quite Easy-to-Follow Tips.
It is the most important part of face make up as it creates the base of the entire process. First, apply moisturizer on your face and neck. Cover ears and nape the portion your outfit`s neck that is going to show. Do not overdo and wipe off extra moisturizer with tissue paper.
Now, start applying liquid foundation across your face in small dots. Then immediately blend it in your skin. You should do it fast as the foundations dry very fast and may create lumps as soon as you start combining which will make your base uneven. When it is done, rub ice cubes lightly all over your face. It will close the skin pores and hold your foundation base for a long time.
Blot with a tissue paper to soak the water and then wait for some time to let it dry properly. Then apply compact powder from center to the sides of the face and the open parts of your neck.
Always pick a foundation, may be liquid or dry, which is closer to your skin color and tone. It will look natural and improve your natural glow. Read the full guide on Best Way to Apply Foundation.
Eye Make up Tips.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
The eye makeup should be done keeping the whole face in mind, not the dress we wear. It is where we all make a mistake and try to match our eyes with the dress.
Before we start, we should consider the time of the day. For example, we should pick a light shade when we are going to a place that is bright or sunny. Similarly, the darker shades are the best for the night events.
Consider the occasion too, as if, for prom night or date, you should have a thick, dark eye shadow so that your eyes look more dreamy and romantic. You can add some glitter if you are going to a party.
If it is a quiet dinner, then avoid the glitter, take a golden hue, and blend with a color that compliments your skin. Now apply eyeliner over your eyelids. Girls with big eyes should do thin eye line, or your eyes may look more prominent.
Do the final touch with mascara. Apply mascara on both up and down eyelashes. If you have thick eyelashes, you can use mascara only on upper lashes. See if it goes well with the rest part of the face.
10 Best Eye Make up Tips.
- Maybelline guides, try to keep your eyes open while applying eyeliner. However, it is a bit tough, but it will help you to create it perfectly.
- Dry your eyelashes with tissue paper before you apply to avoid any smudging. It also protects from draining which may spoil your entire face makeup.
- If you have smaller eyes and want to look it more prominent, use a white or off-white pencil to draw the inner rims and then use eyeliner outside of it.
- Draw mascara from the root to top to look your eyelashes look longer and thicker.
- Mascara can stick your lashes together. Use a small comb to remove excess mascara and the clumps.
- Use a mascara base to avoid draining of mascara. If at all it drains, use tissue papers to soak it.
- While using eye shadows, keep in mind that you should start with the lightest shade from brow bone to darker at the eye line.
- Do not use the shade of eye shadows as the shade of your eyelid. It will pop up your eyes.
- Use lighter shades for eye make-up if you are using bright or glittering lipstick.
- Again, do not try to match your eye makeup with your dress color or else your entire makeup may end up as a disaster.
Lips Make up Tips.
It is another vital aspect of face make up as the lips can change the whole look of your face. Begin with applying a lip liner on the edges of your lips. You can play with the shapes if you want; believe me, you should try different forms to create different look and feel.
Use a lip brush to fill in lip color from the lipstick. Take a tissue paper and press lightly on your lips. Then apply a second coat of lip color. It will hold your lip color for long. If you are going for an evening event or any indoor event, you may apply a lip-gloss that adds some extra glow to your lips and makes your lips look juicy.
Add a little more lip-gloss on your bottom lip to bring out the pout.
10 Best Lip Make up Tips.
- Use lip balm 5-10 minutes before applying lipstick to make your lips soft and smooth. Do not forget to blot it off before starting lips make up.
- If you are using a deep, bold lip color, you should do rest of the face make up with light shade.
- Try to match up your lip shade with your dress if you are wearing a deep, dark colored clothing.
- If you have thin lips, try to avoid too dark shades.
- If you have a fair skin tone, do not use light shades of brown or orange. Those may make your teeth look yellow.
- For a fuller lip create 2 lip lines – a lighter one at the top that matches your skin tone and another, a bit darker after that.
- Use darker lip liner if you are using a too bright color.
- Try to use lip liner after applying lip color. It may be hard but it helps conceal the crossovers of lipstick.
- Do not forget to use tissue paper or blotting paper before applying lip-gloss.
- Use translucent powder to create a thin layer on your lips to help your lips-color stay longer.
How to Apply Blush.
It is an optional step in face make up, and you can do it if you want to have a look of a girl with fuller cheeks.
Pick the basic shades of red – a rosy pink or reddish-brown color works best for fairer skin tones. The blush color should mix well with your rest of the makeups, mainly with the foundation or it may kill your whole effort.
Lightly roll a blush brush on it and then apply on both the cheeks, same position, mainly on cheekbones. You should do with gentle strokes – same numbers of strokes on both sides.
Keep a smile on your face while doing. Do not overdo or try to make a circle as it may pop up your cheekbones. Add a small stroke, lightly on your nose tip. Try to keep it natural looking.
Carry Your Touch-up Kit.
Now, we are done with our face make up and ready to go out and catch all the surrounding eyes. If you are going out for long, you should carry a touch-up kit. It should contain the lipstick and lip-gloss, a small tissue paper pack, the compact powder case and a small mirror (in general, all powder cases have it in-built).
Always give your face a quick touch-up if you find it fading or wearing off. If you are sweating, do not apply touch-up, wait till your face gets dry. Do not apply touch-up on your eyes as it may smudge the mascara.
Girls are intuitive and imaginative by instinct – they have their inherent understandings and choices about fashion. While doing your face make up, you will discover many small tweaks on your own which will make you look and feel better.
At first, try some minor changes to your face makeup and see how the World-around-you responses and then customize the procedure accordingly. Do not try to copy others in this matter and do not experiment too much. If you are unsure about any application, it is better to avoid that.
Remember, you are the Unique by yourself – there is no one like you on this Earth. So, do your face make up that boosts your confidence. It will improve your public presence for sure and make you the prettiest girl around.