It ‘s hard to understand how women went without waterproof mascara in the past. These mascaras created a storm in the eye makeup sector; now women can use these anytime in summer or monsoon.
Water repellent items have become one of the staples of the modern woman’s make up arsenal. You can now sweat, run, exercise, all to your heart’s content without having to worry about how your face will look at the end of the day.
It can be used while working out in the gym or on the field or even while swimming without thinking about the eye makeup fading away. That is the reason why it is extremely popular with sportswomen.
Issues with Water Repellent Beauty products.
There is one issue though that the resilient nature of waterproof beauty products makes it tough to clean it. Since it’s water-resistant, our natural combination of water and soap does not work on it.
Figuring it out how to cancel out the long-lasting effects of your make up at the end of the day is really a hassle. You cannot just try out anything as there might be other different ingredients in your make up.
Don’t worry. There are many natural remedies to work in your favor. You can also utilize commercial makeup removers if those suit your skin. There are many choices you can make today on the store, and many ways to accomplish.
So, how to decide your particular technique to remove waterproof face makeup? Read on.
Remove Waterproof Mascara Without Makeup Remover.
Before You Start !
Do not harsh! If you are not cautious, you may even end up losing some of the eyelashes, which will result in irritation to the tender skin around the eyes and may even lead to an infection. Do not worry, as there are always other ways.
You need to clean your eyelashes, but it should not affect your eyes and eyelashes.
Start with The Basics.
The most popular way of removing eye makeup is still water and soap. We don’t recommend regular cleanser because most of those are solvent based. It dries your skin, particularly the delicate skin around the eyes. Prolonged use may make your eyes look dull and aged.
The problem is, even after using soap and water many times, water-resistant mascaras may not clean properly. Here, we need some essential products to remove it appropriately.
Firstly, buy some cotton balls and cotton swabs. You can prepare those at home as well. Next, you will have to get a high-quality, water-resistant eye make up cleanser, which can be a bit costly. Surely we will be discussing the natural, homemade ways to do it. Get hold of a good yet gentle face cleanser also. You need it to clean all makeup.
You are ready to start cleaning once you have all these things in your hand.
Steps to Remove Waterproof Mascara Correctly.
- Take the cotton wool, flatten it a little and moist it correctly with the eye makeup cleanser.
- With the cotton wool underneath your lashes, slowly press your lashes against the cotton ball. It will give the solution enough time to dissolve the mascara.
- Continue to do this until your eyelashes are clean. Once the ends are clean, use the cotton buds to remove the shades from the roots by dipping the buds into the remover and slowly rubbing them into the roots.
- Use the gentle facial cleanser and plenty of lukewarm water to clean all the cosmetics.
- Have a closer look in a mirror to confirm if all of it is removed.
Natural Waterproof Mascara Removers.
One of the best ways to remove water-resistant mascara is to use natural makeup removers. Olive oil is an excellent choice for cleaning weather-proof makeups. It will not dry out your eyes and will keep your face looking great while even removing makeup.
Use Olive Oil.
- To do this, dab some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently pass it over your eyelashes.
- Wait for sometime till it gets dissolved.
- The waterproof shades come off the lashes.
- Soak those off with a dry cotton swab.
- You can now wash your face and moisturize accordingly.
Use Petroleum Jelly.
Another fantastic product is petroleum jelly. It’s readily available, cheap and most importantly, harmless.
- Use petroleum jelly by coating your lashes.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and remove it using a cotton pad.
- Then wash your face with face-wash.
- You may re-apply the jelly to preserve moisture.
Don’t forget to remove all of the petroleum jelly if you require applying water-resistant mascara again.
Of course, with makeup, there are commercial removers available in stores. Different products work for different people. You should make sure that you read the product reviews to understand its contents.
I would suggest to try it on for yourself before using it regularly. You never know what will work for you unless you test it out.
Cream Based Lotions.
There are several different lines of makeup remover on the market today. You can get liquid or cream based lotions or even moistened wipes. It all depends on your budget, portability of your make up style and time.
Cold creams are good makeup removers which I have personally found it a great resource.
Remove mascara from Dress.
You can use spray or liquid stain remover to clean mascara off your clothes. Mix a solution of one-third ammonia and three-fourths cold water if it is still there. But be cautious as it may fade the actual color of the dress.