We all want our lip makeup to be in shape around the clock, but the lipstick is not the best in all situations. Messy creams and glosses are temporary, and never look natural. Flawless rosy lips are attractive and candid, and you can have it with just a little time, care and maybe money. In this article, I have shared 3 most natural and proven ways to get natural red lips.
How to Have Natural Red Lips.
Cinnamon is usually irritant to the skin. We can use this to benefit our lips and make it fuller. Massaging cinnamon oil on your lips can significantly improve your lip color. For best results, you may need to use it every day. Over the time, your lips will start turning to rosy red.
The lip skin is delicate and soft; I would suggest not to use the raw oil. Just mix a few drops of cinnamon oil with lip balm or another base like petroleum jelly. Rub the mixture on your lips in an upward motion and slowly push to the sides.
Be careful to cover the entire area without touching the skin around your lips. Leave this for a few minutes, until you feel a mild burning sensation. Wash it off with cold water, and you’ll be amazed to see your lips plumped and flushed! You may search over the stores to buy any branded Lip plumper, containing cinnamon.
It is one of the heavily-practiced beauty methods as it helps you get the most desired smooth, rosy lips easily. For some women, exfoliation for just a few weeks may do well to get the rosy look. For some, a little more time may be needed for a long-term effect.
DO NOT PUSH TOO HARD OR OVER-DO WITH YOUR LIPS AS IT MAY HURT SOFT SKINS AND MAY LEAVE PERMANENT SCRATCH MARKS.
Here are the most common ways to exfoliate your lips at home.
- Apply petroleum jelly or glycerin on your lips and then scrub with a soft toothbrush.
- Then apply a thin layer of honey to keep your lips moisturized. Honey also helps your lips to stay soft, smooth and clean.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and rinse the honey off.
- Take a drop of glycerin and mix with rose water. Rub this mixture on your lips gently for few minutes.
- Repeat the process for few weeks before going to bed.
The Sugar Trick.
- Mix Sugar and editable olive oil or fresh coconut oil with equal portions.
- Rub the mixture on your lips for few minutes. Do not press too hard.
- Leave it there for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with Luke warm water.
ALWAYS APPLY PETROLEUM JELLY OR MOISTURIZING LIP BALM AFTER EXFOLIATING YOUR LIPS.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Apply the mixture on your lips in small circular motions for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse appropriately with lukewarm water.
- Apply moisturizer as usual.
Honey has many other benefits and usage when it comes to lip care. You may check here: 26 Home Remedies for Dry Lips
Milky Rosy Oatmeal.
- The therapy is not only helpful for lip exfoliation but also for cleaning your lips.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of milk and petals of a rose. You may use a few drops of rose water or rose essential oil.
- Gently rub it on your lips for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- This method is pretty easy but requires little more time to show effects.
- Take 1 tablespoon Lemon juice & castor oil and mix well. You may use glycerin.
- Apply on lips and leave it for 45-60 minutes.
- Rinse and apply lip balm.
Follow these processes everyday night, and you will find your natural red lips within a few days.
Permanent Makeup for Rosy Lips.
Please note, Permanent makeup (also called Lip Tattoo ) is not a natural beauty technique. It’s a tattooing process done by the experienced beauticians. The process is used for enhancing the lips but not for fullness. It perfectly defines the line and color. If done rightly, your natural look can be enhanced in many folds and it stays for a more extended period.
There are a variety of shades available and you can choose as per your taste and wish. For rosy lips, you should opt for a subtle color which makes your lips look very natural.
Facts to know before you proceed for Lip Tattoo.
- The process is painful like any other tattooing.
- It requires about 2 weeks to recover.
- It’s a costly process. In the USA, a good salon charges $700-900 for the first take. Follow-up sessions cost between $200-400.
- You may need to do touch up every year which costs between $300-400.
Be careful while deciding the right professional for the procedure. Permanent makeups are a form of tattooing, and as it’s dealing with your face, there is a risk. It is not enough for the beauty professional to have gone through permanent makeup course, he/she must have enough experience.
You must look for a salon that is famous and has been approved by the local board of health. You must be aware of it if you are trying to get permanent makeup for natural red lips. With the right professional, you can achieve a truly natural and attractive look.
Words of Caution.
Lips are susceptible… so do not try any method if you are not aware of the outcomes. It would be best if you always do a sensitivity test before attempting any technique. You must never hurt yourself and your facial skin to fulfill your wish for natural red lips.
The methods I have shared above are very safe and effective, and I am using those for the last few years (except the Permanent Makeup). Still, at any moment, if you are feeling that you’re doing damage to your lips, then you should stop using. It is better to go with the traditional lipstick instead.